Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Time to Make the Calendars

First, I've been working on selling some of my unused rubber stamps on Ebay.  I just finished selling the first batch of 5.  Boy, does it take a lot of work.  Not sure if I can keep it up with the 50+ sets I have left.  I guess I'll do a few at a time every other week or so.  If you are looking for a retired Stampin' Up set let me know.  I might have it.
 
So on with the post, every year I create desk calendars for my co-workers for Christmas.  Usually I make these girly, frilly and cute calendars for the gals in my department.  Its usually pretty easy to come up with a design.  But early in the year I changed departments and now I have a couple of guys in my department.  I've been stumped on what to do for this year's calendar.  I started with a couple pieces of patterned paper that I found at Hobby Lobby that are more masculine.  I also purchased some sentiment stickers and some clock charms.  Here's what I came up with.
 




 
 
It's a bit hard to read in the photo but the sticker says "Blessing Brighten When We Count Them".  I placed the sticker on cork and cut around it.  It's really cool looking in real life and adds to the masculine look.  I used a coaster that I purchased from Papertrey Ink as the base.  The Tim Holtz easel die was used so that the calendar stands up easily on its own. The calendar is from a word doc I created a few years ago.  I just update it each year.  It just takes hours to cut them all out. 
 
Whew, I have the hard ones done. Now on to making several more calendars for the girls.  
 
Until next time,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment